Private Preschool-Grade 12 Education Near Westport, CT
King Prepares Fairfield County Students For Success in College and Beyond
King School is located in Stamford, less than 30 minutes from Westport. As neighbors to Westport, King welcomes families from the Westport area. Families from over 30 different towns across CT & NY come to King because of our academic challenge and kind community which together help students grow to reach their full potential.
King welcomes students from preschool and kindergarten, all the way to 11th grade. Many of our students start in our Lower School and rise through 14 years of learning, education, and growth. Learn more about each program and how it contributes to the King Difference:
- Lower School (Elementary: PreKindergarten to Grade 5)
- Middle School (Grade 6 to Grade 8)
- Upper School (Grade 9 to Grade 12 High School)
King offers Westport students the opportunity to pursue their passions through our STEM program (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics). Elementary school, middle school and high school students are encouraged to explore the depths of STEM, pursuing challenging courses, club activities, & research projects so that they may prepare for college and beyond.
Students from Westport are set up for success with King's four year developmental college counseling program. Fairfield County students are prepared by our college counseling staff to discover the most competitive fit to help them succeed in the future. Each student, starting in Grade 9, is paired with an experienced college counselor who guides the college preparatory journey, including partnering on: curricular strategy; standardized testing strategy; college visits; identifying a college list; completing applications; and on making a final decision. King strengthens students from Westport and surrounding areas to pursue their passions beyond King Private School.
Watch Videos about King School
King students graduate and matriculate to the finest colleges and universities in the country. A few facts about our graduates:
- 98% were admitted to Phi Beta Kappa colleges and universities
- 92% received acceptances to colleges and universities categorized by Barron's as either Most or Highly Competitive
- Nearly 40% were admitted to their top choice college through Early Decision
How to get to King School from Westport, CT
- Take CT-15 S toward NYC
- Continue on CT-15 to CT-106 N/ Old Stamford Rd
- Turn Left on Old Stamford Rd
- Turn Left on Jelliff Mill Rd
- Turn Right on Ponus Ridge Rd and Left on Davenport Ridge Rd
- At Traffic circle, take the second exit onto Newfield Ave and continue until you reach The King School on your right