- Opportunities for students to engage with a thoughtfully designed, sophisticated program in the liberal arts and sciences that requires students to be active, in-depth learners
- Support by exceptional faculty
- A kind, respectful community
Students at King are actively engaged in their own learning. Teachers set challenging expectations for students and provide them with the tools they need to achieve their personal best. The activities and interactions that define the King educational program help students cultivate intellectual ability, hone communication skills, build individual character, and achieve personal growth. The curricular goal of the School is to maximize each student’s development within these four domains. The King community prioritizes kindness and respect. Challenge and healthy competition enable students to explore, take risks, and succeed.
Educational and Curricular Philosophy
At King, we believe that our students bring a unique blend of interests and talents to the educational experience. The Faculty designs a variety of programs that inspire individuality through the process of intellectual, physical, creative, emotional, and social inquiry and expression.
The curriculum is comprised of opportunities that promote the development of intellectual ability; communication and problem solving skills; an awareness of the complexities of our ever changing world; and an appreciation of and responsibility for others.
IMPLEMENTATION OF OUR MISSION AND PHILOSOPHY
To achieve the ideals of our Mission and realize the aspirations of our Philosophy, the King community:
- Commits itself to educational excellence in a student-centered environment that encourages the development of the uniqueness of each student
- Fosters a progressive educational community rooted in the virtues of respect, civility, and compassion
- Offers a wide range of academic, artistic, athletic, service, and cultural opportunities appropriate to the needs of individual students
- Cultivates a faculty committed to ongoing professional growth and renewal
- Implements a variety of teaching methodologies and provides meaningful and challenging assessments to help students create meaning and derive understanding
- Welcomes and values a wide range of perspectives engendered by the diversity of our community– both local and global
- Engages parents and collaborates with them as partners in their child’s academic and personal maturation