Summer Academic Courses
Prepare for the new school year by taking academic courses and exploring new talents and interests.
Taught by King School's exceptional faculty, our small class size ensures that your child will receive the attention that King delivers year-round.
Summer Institute's Middle and Upper School Program offers students (Grades 6-12) the opportunity to explore new subjects, or to advance in core academic or artistic subjects. Students who are serious about their academic and personal growth will find our intensive college preparatory courses the perfect way to excel this summer.
Students can earn academic credit or build their skills.
These courses are especially helpful for students transitioning from Elementary to Middle School and from Middle to High School. The courses, which range from one week to six weeks, are offered both on-campus and online in mathematics, art and design, performing arts, public speaking, computer sciences, global studies, study skills, and more.
Courses for the summer of 2024 will be announced soon. Classes will run approximately June 10 - July 19.
Academic Courses - Earn Credit
Two-week to six-week courses for grades 6-12
- Algebra I
- Algebra II and Trigonometry
- Computer Science - Introduction to Java
- IDEA Innovation 101
- IDEA Studio Art
- Introduction to Global Studies
- Introduction to Public Speaking
- Public Speaking II
Academic Courses - Build Skills
One-week to three-week courses for grades 6-12
- Acting Clinic - Let's Perform
- Foundations of Geometry / Algebra II
- Japanese Language and Culture
- Middle School Film Production
- Middle School Making Writing More Fun
- Middle School Preparation for Pre-Algebra
- Middle School Study Skills