Private PreK-Grade 12 near Port Chester, NY
King Prepares Westchester County Students For Success in College and Beyond
King School is located in Stamford, less than 30 minutes from Port Chester, NY. As neighbors to Port Chester, King welcomes families & students from the Westchester County, NY area. Families from over 30 different towns across CT & NY come to King because of our student centered, challenging program, our kind community, and our commitment to helping students grow to reach their full potential.
King welcomes students from preschool and kindergarten, all the way to 11th grade. Many of our students start in our Lower School and rise through 14 years of learning, education, and growth. Learn more about each program and how it contributes to enabling our students to achieve their personal best:
- Lower School (Elementary: PreKindergarten to Grade 5)
- Middle School (Grade 6 to Grade 8)
- Upper School (Grade 9 to Grade 12 High School)
Many of our NY students choose to pursue their passions through our rigorous STEM program (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics). STEM helps elementary school, middle school, and high school students address the world's challenges and become more interdisciplinary. Students learn first-hand the real-world skills so they may prepare for college and beyond.
Woven in to the curriculum at King's High School is careful preparation for college. King students have opportunities at top colleges and universities throughout the country, and our 4-year college prep program is crafted around the goal of preparing students to discover the most competitive fit. We offer a college counseling program to all students, to help NY students make the right choice on a college for their future. As part of the college counseling program, each student, starting in Grade 9, is paired with an expert counselor who provides guidance in choosing classes and activities, reflecting on goals for college, exploring a range of colleges, understanding the components of an excellent application, completing applications, and making a thoughtful final decision. King strengthens students from Port Chester and surrounding areas to pursue their passions beyond their years at King Private School.
Watch Videos about King School
King students graduate and matriculate to the finest colleges and universities in the country. A few facts about our graduates:
- 98% were admitted to Phi Beta Kappa colleges and universities
- 92% received acceptances to colleges and universities categorized by Barron's as either Most or Highly Competitive
- Nearly 40% were admitted to their top choice college through Early Decision
How to get to King School from Port Chester, NY
- Take King Street to Merge on to Hutchinson River Pkwy North
- Hutchinson River Pkwy becomes CT-15 N
- Continue on CT-15 N for 10.3 mi
- Take Exit 35 for CT-137 N, Go through the light and Turn Right on Turn of River Rd.
- Turn Left onto Intervale Rd.
- Take Intervale Rd. to Newfield Dr.- Turn Left
- Arrive at The King School at 1450 Newfield Ave!