Private PREK-GRADE 12 EDUCATION near Wilton, CT
King Prepares Fairfield County Students For Success in College and Beyond
King School is located in Stamford, less than 30 minutes from Wilton. As neighbors to Wilton, King welcomes families & students from the Wilton area. Families from over 30 different towns across CT & NY come to King because of our challenging academics and our kind culture which together help students achieve their full potential.
King welcomes students from preschool and kindergarten, all the way to 11th grade. Many of our students start in our Lower School and rise through 14 years of learning, education, and growth. Learn more about each program and how it contributes to the King Difference:
- Lower School (Elementary: PreKindergarten to Grade 5)
- Middle School (Grade 6 to Grade 8)
- Upper School (Grade 9 to Grade 12 High School)
King offers Wilton students the opportunity to pursue their passions through our STEM program (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics). Elementary school, middle school, and high school students are encouraged to explore their passions in STEM, pursuing challenging courses, club activities, & research projects to prepare for college and beyond.
Students are set up for success with King's 4-year developmental college counseling program. Fairfield County students are prepared by our college counselors to reflect on their capabilities, passions, and ambitions so they can make the right choice on a college for their future. The college counseling program pairs students, beginning in Grade 9, with an expert counselor who partners with students and families on: shaping curriculum strategy, evaluating a range of colleges, learning what comprises an excellent application, identifying a college list, applying to colleges, and making a thoughtful final choice. King strengthens students from Wilton and surrounding areas to pursue their passions beyond King Private School.
King students graduate and matriculate to the finest colleges and universities in the country. A few facts about our 2017 graduates:
- 98% were admitted to Phi Beta Kappa colleges and universities
- 92% received acceptances to colleges and universities categorized by Barron's as either Most or Highly Competitive
- Nearly 40% were admitted to their top choice college through Early Decision
How to get to King School from Wilton, CT
- Take Belden Hill Rd to CT-106 S
- Continue on CT-106 S for 3.6 miles
- Turn right onto CT-123 N, then left on Locust Ave
- Turn right on Main st and Left on Park st to get to CT-124 S
- Turn right on Elm St., left on Weed St. and right on Frogtown Rd.
- Continue on Frogtown Rd. to Ponus Ridge Rd. and turn left
- Turn right on Davenport Rd. and continue through traffic circle to Newfield Ave.
- Arrive at The King School at 1450 Newfield Ave!
At King School, we seek more than achievement for our students. We open minds and spark courageous thinking.
Every day, our students discover and forge their unique paths to excellence as we teach, guide, and cheer them on.
Because when we set better standards for both the experience and outcomes of education, students cultivate the insights and heart to own their future.
Wilton Students thrive at King!
Spencer Creveling '20: How did you become interested in robotics and coding? "I first got interested in coding during the nationwide Hour of Code back in fifth grade. As a young kid, I loved creating things, and seeing the limitless potential that coding provided really clicked with me. I went on to teach myself HTML, basic Java and Python, and I just completed my AP Computer Programming (Java) course this year. As for robotics, I dabbled in it in sixth grade during my STEM class. However, I never thought I would be able to join a team until my friend and the leader of the club asked me to join to lead the coding team." Read Spencer's full Q&A here.