Private PREK-GRADE 12 EDUCATION near Bedford, NY
King Prepares Students For Success in College and Beyond
King School may be located in Stamford, CT, however many students come from Bedford, NY. We're very close to the NY boarder and are just a quick 20 minute drive from Bedford.
King is home to students from over 30 different towns throughout southern CT and eastern New York including lower Westchester County. Families from towns like Bedford help add to our diverse and growing community.
- Lower School (Elementary: PreKindergarten to Grade 5)
- Middle School (Grade 6 to Grade 8)
- Upper School (Grade 9 to Grade 12)
Students from Bedford, CT who come to King School have the opportunity to take advantage of one of the area's best immersive STEM programs. King's STEM program immerses students in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). Students who are passionate about STEM have the opportunity to graduate with a certificate of distinction. Throughout the program, students pursue challenging courses, club activities, and research which prepares them for the real world.
Aside from our STEM program, King School is well-known for our four year developmental college counseling program. As Bedford students begin their high school academic years, they are paired with an experienced counselor who helps them select courses and activities. In Grade 11, counselors and students will focus on learning what comprises an excellent college application, including identifying a standardized testing strategy. Counselors also guide each student in identifying a college list, visiting colleges, filling out applications, and making a final decision that is the most competitive fit. Bedford students at King School attend top colleges throughout the country.
How to get to King School from Bedford, NY
- Take NY-172 E / Pound Ridge Road to West Ln
- Continue on West Ln to NY - 137 S
- Take NY-137 S across the NY/CT boarder, and down to Interlaken Rd. (About 5.6 miles)
- Turn left onto Lakeside Dr.
- At the traffic circle, take the first exit onto Newfield Ave.
- In about 1 mile, you will arrive at King School, CT
WHY KING SCHOOL?
- Exceptional Faculty: King Faculty are experts in their field, over 87% hold advanced degrees
- Approach to Teaching and Learning: King’s unique approach to teaching and learning enables students to reach their full potential
- Academic Excellence: Rigorous PreK-Grade 12 co-ed college preparatory curriculum
- Kind and Inclusive Community: Students are immersed in the King Virtues - Integrity, Kindness, Perseverance, and Respect
- Enriching Opportunities: Students have endless opportunities to develop their talents and discover their goals
THINK KING MIGHT BE RIGHT FOR YOUR CHILD?
Visit our Campus to Learn More about the King Difference!
We're proud to announce, Senior Lucas Stalman of Bedford Hills, NY has signed to play Division I level Baseball with Boston College. Lucas will finish at King having played three years of Varsity Baseball and received all-league recognition each of his first three years of high school baseball and was named his team's most valuable player his Freshman and Junior years. Lucas also gives back to the community by working with Pibes, an Argentinian foundation started by his family. Congrats Lucas! Read more about our student athletes.