Private Preschool-GRADE 12 EDUCATION near New canaan, CT
King Prepares Fairfield County Students For Success in College and Beyond
King School is located in Stamford, however many students come from New Canaan and surrounding areas as we're located just minutes away from New Canaan. One of the many benefits of a King education is the ability to meet and learn with students from over 30 different towns. Families from towns like New Canaan and others help add to our diverse and growing community.
- Lower School (Elementary: PreKindergarten to Grade 5)
- Middle School (Grade 6 to Grade 8)
- Upper School (High School - Grade 9 to Grade 12)
Among the benefits that our private school offers New Canaan students, one of the most well-known is our immersive STEM program. Students learn concepts in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) that prepare them for college and the real world. Fairfield county students have the opportunity to research, experiment, develop new skills, work together on projects and find their passions within these courses.
In addition to our STEM program, students are prepared for college throughout all 4 years of their private high school education. Our dedicated college counselors help each individual student reflect on their college ambitions and prepare to evaluate colleges, visit colleges, pursue a relevant standardized testing strategy, create a thoughtful application, and make a final decision on the best fit college. Many of our New Canaan students continue on to top colleges across the east coast and throughout the country. At King School, we believe each student deserves to pursue their passions in an environment that is challenging, scholarly, and the best fit for them.
How to get to King School from New Canaan, CT
- Head west on CT-124 N/Elm St toward Park St
- Take Weed St to Frogtown Rd
- Take Ponus Ridge Rd to Davenport Ridge Rd
- Follow Newfield Avenue south to King School
WHY KING SCHOOL?
- Exceptional Faculty: King Faculty are experts in their field, over 87% hold advanced degrees
- Approach to Teaching and Learning: King’s unique approach to teaching and learning enables students to reach their full potential
- Academic Excellence: Rigorous PreK-Grade 12 co-ed college preparatory curriculum
- Kind and Inclusive Community: Students are immersed in the King Virtues - Integrity, Kindness, Perseverance, and Respect
- Enriching Opportunities: Students have endless opportunities to develop their talents and discover their goals
THINK KING MIGHT BE RIGHT FOR YOUR CHILD?
Visit our Campus to Learn More about the King Difference!
New Canaan students thrive at King!
Cam Raker '19: "I give back by... Spending one period a day tutoring at my school's Math Help Center. I try to help other students understand the "why" of the problem, not just how to do it. We boil down the concepts so we can piece the problem together. I also love volunteering at the Maritime Aquarium in Norwalk. I'm interested in biology and enjoy operating the Touch Tank because the kids get so excited seeing the animals." Read Cam's full Q&A here,
The 2017 Moffly Teens to watch, announced several winners from King School including senior, Luke Koppenheffer of New Canaan, CT. Luke play Trumpet in the King Jazz Band. He graduated with a certificate of distinction while balancing his love for jazz. "The flexibility has provided me the opportunity to push myself," said Luke Koppenheffer '18, who was part of both the studio band and the jazz combo. The combo was formalized in 2017 by a small group of students looking to pursue a more rigorous music education. "I realized how advanced I was when I made the third chair for jazz year then second chair jazz this year in the Connecticut Music Educators Association competition. The process of auditioning for something so selective and being accepted was a realization of how all my practice playing at public events and now in the combo helped me with my jazz improvisation and live performance skills, both of which were crucial to those auditions." Read more about our certificate of distinctions.