Private School near Greenwich, CT
PRESCHOOL-GRADE 12 EDUCATION
King Prepares Fairfield County Students For Success in College and Beyond
King School is located in Stamford, less than 30 minutes from Greenwich, Connecticut. 22% of our student body comes from the Greenwich area, including Cos Cob, Old Greenwich and Riverside. One of the many benefits of a King education is the ability to meet and learn with students from over 30 different towns. Families from towns like Greenwich and surrounding areas help add to our diverse and growing community.
What to Expect From a Private Education at King
- Lower School (Elementary: PreKindergarten to Grade 5)
- Middle School (Grade 6 to Grade 8)
- Upper School (Grade 9 to Grade 12 High School)
King School immerses students from Greenwich, CT in a unique STEM program (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics). Elementary school, middle school, and high school students are encouraged to explore the depths of STEM, so they gain problem solving and critical thinking skills which help them succeed in college and beyond.
Fairfield County students are prepared by King's college counseling four year developmental program that enables each student to discover the most competitive fit. Each student, starting in Grade 9, is paired with an experienced college counselor who guides the college preparatory journey, including partnering on: curricular strategy; standardized testing strategy; college visits; identifying a college list; completing applications; and making a thoughtful, final decision. King strengthens students from Greenwich and surrounding areas to pursue their passions beyond their years at King Private School.
WHY KING SCHOOL?
- Exceptional Faculty: King Faculty are experts in their field, over 87% hold advanced degrees
- Approach to Teaching and Learning: King’s unique approach to teaching and learning enables students to reach their full potential
- Academic Excellence: Rigorous PreK-Grade 12 co-ed college preparatory curriculum
- Kind and Inclusive Community: Students are immersed in the King Virtues - Integrity, Kindness, Perseverance, and Respect
- Enriching Opportunities: Students have endless opportunities to develop their talents and discover their goals
THINK KING MIGHT BE RIGHT FOR YOUR CHILD?
Accessibility from Greenwich, CT
Bus Transportation for Greenwich Students from Old Greenwich:
King School is now offering bus transportation for residents from Riverside/Old Greenwich, CT.
Students are picked up at and returned to the Presbyterian Church of Old Greenwich (38 West End Avenue, Old Greenwich, CT).
Greenwich Students Thrive at King!
Lizzie Essaid '19: it was her (Lizzie's) experience with the Maine-based Seeds of Peace international leadership camp in the summer of 2017 that ignited the changemaker within. "I've always wanted to help people who are less fortunate," she says. During her first year at the camp, she was a member of a Palestinian-Israeli conflict dialogue group. That led to a King Talk about her camp experience. "It was really scary but also pretty awesome," she says. "It got me over my fear of talking in front of people and raising my hand in class." (Next summer, Lizzie will be one of a small group of Seeds of Peace campers invited to participate in its leadership and mediation training program, Paradigm Shift.) Read Lizzy's full feature here