Private PRESchool-GRADE 12 EDUCATION near Darien, CT
King Prepares Fairfield County Students For Success in College and Beyond
King School, located in Stamford, is just a quick 15 minute drive from Darien, CT; where many of our students reside. One of the many benefits of a King education is the ability to meet and learn with students from over 30 different towns. Families from towns like Darien and surrounding communities help add to our diverse and growing school.
- Lower School (Elementary: PreKindergarten to Grade 5)
- Middle School (Grade 6 to Grade 8)
- Upper School (Grade 9 to Grade 12 High School)
Students gain problem solving skills necessary to excel beyond their years at our private school through our immersive STEM program. Students from Fairfield county learn concepts addressed in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) throughout elementary school, middle school, and high school. Darien students will have the opportunity to engage in club activities, research, challenging courses, and projects.
King School also provides college counseling guidance to our Darien, CT students. Our college counseling developmental program is carried out throughout their four years at our private high school. Each student is paired with an experienced college counselor who helps students to reflect on their college goals, visit colleges, interview, create engaging application essays, and make a thoughtful final decision. Our students from Darien and surrounding areas have continued on to top colleges throughout the country, pursuing their goals and discovering their passions.
How to get to King School from Darien, CT
- Take Mansfield Ave or Middlesex road north to Ox Ridge Ln
- Turn left on Hollow Tree Ridge Rd, then make a left onto Camp Ave
- Take a right on Hope st and take your second left to Weed Hill Ave
- Take Weed Hill Ave to Newfield Ave - turn left on Newfield Ave
- Continue north on Newfield ave to arrive at King School
WHY KING SCHOOL?
- Exceptional Faculty: King Faculty are experts in their field, over 87% hold advanced degrees
- Approach to Teaching and Learning: King’s unique approach to teaching and learning enables students to reach their full potential
- Academic Excellence: Rigorous PreK-Grade 12 co-ed college preparatory curriculum
- Kind and Inclusive Community: Students are immersed in the King Virtues - Integrity, Kindness, Perseverance, and Respect
- Enriching Opportunities: Students have endless opportunities to develop their talents and discover their goals
THINK KING MIGHT BE RIGHT FOR YOUR CHILD?
Schedule a Visit Today!
Students from King were announced as semifinalists in the 2018 National Merit Scholarship Program including Ethan Marsh '18, from Darien, CT.
The semifinalists were chosen based on their scores in last fall's Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test, taken by about 1.6 million high school juniors. They represent less than 1 percent of U.S. high school seniors. These seniors, most of whom will advance to finalist status, must submit a scholarship application that includes an outstanding academic record, a recommendation from their schools, an essay, and SAT scores than confirm the results of the PSAT.
Ethan comments, "It is an honor to be one of the three National Merit Semifinalists at King, and to be in the company of such esteemed scholars." Read more about our National Scholars.
Cam Raker '19: "I give back by... Spending one period a day tutoring at my school's Math Help Center. I try to help other students understand the "why" of the problem, not just how to do it. We boil down the concepts so we can piece the problem together. I also love volunteering at the Maritime Aquarium in Norwalk. I'm interested in biology and enjoy operating the Touch Tank because the kids get so excited seeing the animals." Read Cam's full Q&A here,