- How do I stay in touch with King School?
- How do I log in to the Parent/Student/Faculty Portals?
- What is my username and/or password?
- How do I change my password?
- What information is available in the portal?
- Where did that page (or document) go?
- How do I check homework and grades?
- How do I sign up for Grade Level Blogs (LS & MS)?
- How do I filter Calendars?
- How do I sign up for Calendar alerts?
- How do I add calendar categories (ex. Athletic Team or Lower School Events) to my calendar?
- How do I sign up for News alerts?
- How do I update my alerts?
- How do I update (or hide) my contact information?
- What is the King School App?
- I'm Faculty & Staff and a Parent, how do I see both Portals?
- Who To Contact
Click the Community Login button located in the top section of the website. Once you have arrived to the login page, enter your username and password to gain access to the Community Portals. If you are new to King School or have forgotten your login credentials please refer to the "What is my Username and/or Password" question below for more information on how to reset.
CURRENT PARENTS: If you have already gained access to the Parent Portal but have forgotten your username or password, click here to retrieve your information. Please be sure to provide the email you have on file with the school, then click "Submit." An email will then be automatically sent to your address with your login credentials.
NEW PARENTS: If this is your first time logging in, click here to activate your account and generate a password. Enter the email you have on file with King School and click "Submit." An email will then be automatically sent to your address with your login credentials.
If you do not receive an email, please reach out to email@example.com.
CURRENT STUDENTS: Access the master password reset to reset your master password.
NEW STUDENTS (MS-US): You will be provided with your King School email address and master password for website, email and other King technology access at the start of school
FACULTY & STAFF ON CAMPUS: If you are on campus, please follow the directions on the Faculty & Staff Password Reset page.
FACULTY & STAFF OFF CAMPUS: If you are off campus and need to reset your password, please contact the IT Helpdesk
Please note, this process is for PARENTS ONLY. Instructions for Students and Faculty & Staff are located on the Community Login page.
- To update your password, first login to the Parent Portal using your current username and password.
- Next, click on the "Profile" button located in the "Account" module in the upper left hand corner of your Parent Portal page.
- Next click on the "Account" tab.
- Next, you will have to enter your current password and then enter and confirm your new password. When you have finished, click the green "Update" button.
*PLEASE NOTE: When you update your password on the website, you will also have to update your login credentials on the King App. To do so, open the King School app, and click "Account" in the upper right hand corner. This will open up the "Account" page where you can update your password by typing the new password in the "Password" field.
After logging into our site by using the Community Login, you will be directed to a "portal" based on your relationship to the school (Ex. Parent, US Student, MS Student, Faculty/Staff). The information found in these portals varies but generally they contain school, grade or student specific information. Information within these portals are personalized to you specifically, which is why you need to login to access this information.
Below are a few examples of resources available in the Parent Portal
- Link to Magnus Health
- Community Directory
- Enrollment/Re-Enrollment Forms
- Access to Grade Level pages which include homework assignments, report cards and Faculty updates
- Access to Color Schedules
- Course Selection Materials/Summer Assignments
- Links to Past Newsletters
- After School Enrichment & Care information & permission forms
- College Counseling Resource Center
- Senior Projects Information
- International Travel itineraries & permission forms
- King Cares Service Club information & permission forms
In general, we try to keep information that is specific to current families password protected in the portal areas. Please review "What information is available in the portal" for a list of items included in the Parent Portal.
If you are having trouble locating a specific file or webpage please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To check your child's homework assignments and grades, first login to the Parent Portal.
- Next, click on the "Groups Dashboard" button
- To access your child's homework, click the "Calendar" tab at the top of the page
- To access your child's grades, click the "Reports" tab at the top of the page
Please note, electronic grades are only posted for MS and US. Lower School grades are sent via mail.
Lower School Families: Grade Level Pages and Blogs are the main way our Faculty communicate with parents. This year, we have pre-subscribed all parents to receive alerts for the appropriate Grade Level Blogs. If you are not receiving blog alerts, please contact Karen Smith at email@example.com.
Middle School Families: In Middle School, Grade Level Pages and Blogs are used less frequently by Faculty as we work to increase communication through students. Grade level Pages and Blogs are updated periodically throughout the year with information about class trips, special events and class updates. If you would like to receive alerts when information is posted to the Blog, please follow the instructions below.
Upper School Families: Upper School does not utilize Grade Level Pages or Blogs. Communication with students is facilitated by each Faculty member. Grade Level Information is emailed to parents directly, when necessary.
Please note, you may only subscribe to receive blog alerts via desktop or laptop devices. You will not see the “Alerts” option on mobile devices
If you are viewing a calendar that combines events from various categories (Ex. School Calendar) you can use the "Calendar Tools" to remove calendar categories that do not apply to you. This personalizes the view of the calendar, so when you return to the page the calendar will only display the categories you have selected.
First, you should login to the website to ensure that the "Calendar Tools" you select are saved. If you update the calendar tools without being logged in, the next time you clear your browsing history, your preferences will be lost.
Next, navigate to the calendar you would like to filter.
Scroll down the page to "Calendar Tools" and uncheck unnecessary calendar types. Then click "Update Calendar".
If you would like to subscribe to a calendar(s) to receive alerts or reminders about upcoming events, click the orange "Alerts" button in the upper right hand corner of the calendar you are interested in.
This will open up a pop-up box where you can select which calendar you would like to subscribe to. Be sure to adjust the reminder settings, circled below, to indicate when you would like to receive the alert (Ex: 30 Minutes Prior, 1 Day Prior, etc.)
When you are finished, click "Update Settings"
*To manage your subscriptions and/or add text functionality, please see the "How do I update my subscriptions?" question below.
You can export an entire calendar (Ex. Girls Varsity Soccer or Lower School Calendar) to your personal calendar (Ex. Outlook, Gmail, Apple Devices) by following the instructions below.
OBTAIN THE iCAL FEED
- First, navigate to the athletic team page or school calendar for the schedule you would like to export. Then, click on the grey "RSS" button in the upper right hand corner.
- Next, a pop-up will appear that lists all the teams/calendar options. Select the team/calendar you would like to export, then hover over the green "iCal" button.
- This will expose several options for how to export the calendar
- For Gmail, select "Get Google iCal URL"
- For Outlook or iCal (Apple Devices) select "Get Standard iCal URL"
- The pop up box will now generate a URL. Copy it and proceed to the next step for either Gmail, Outlook, iCal below.
- Navigate to your gmail calendar. Click on the dropdown arrow next to "Other Calendars" then select "Add by URL".
- Paste the ICAL URL into the field box and then select "Add Calendar." Now your personal calendar will be synced with the calendar you selected.
If you would like to sync a King calendar with Microsoft Outlook, the process depends on which version of Outlook you are running. Please refer to the instructions for linking your Outlook calendar using an iCal feed.
iCAL (APPLE LAPTOP OR DESKTOP)
- Open the iCal application on your Apple device. Click on "File" then "New Calendar Subscription"
- Paste the URL into the field box and select "Subscribe"
iCAL (IPHONE OR IPAD)
- On your iPhone or iPad, click on "Settings"
- Tap on "Calendar"
- Tap on "Accounts"
- Tap "Add Account"
- Tap on "Other"
- Tap on "Add Subscribed Calendar"
- Paste or type the ICAL URL into the field
- Tap the "Next" button
- Tap the "Save" button
Signing up for News alerts is very similar to signing up for Calendar alerts. First, click on the orange "Alerts" button in the upper right hand corner.
This will prompt a pop-up box that will allow you to select the News Categories you are interested in subscribing to. When you are done selecting categories, click "Update Settings." Now, you will receive an alert via email (or text message you have that functionality enabled*) each time a story is published to your selected categories.
*To manage your subscriptions and add text functionality, please see the "How do I update my subscriptions?" question below.
- To update your news or calendar subscriptions, first login to your portal area.
- Next, click on the "Profile" button located under the "Account" module in the upper left hand corner of your portal page.
- Next, click on the "Subscriptions" tab.
- Once you are in the "Subscriptions" you can remove alerts/subscriptions for news or calendar categories by clicking the red "x" buttons, circled below.
- Here you can also add a cell phone number, if you would like to receive text rather than email alerts.
Parents are able to easily update their contact information on file with the school as well as what is listed in the online community directory within the Parent Portal. Please note, after you submit changes on the website it takes up to 48 hours for the contact information to update on other technologies feeding from the King Site, including Magnus and the King App.
- First, login to the Parent Portal. One you have logged in, click on the "Profile" button in the upper left hand corner
- This will bring you to the "Profile" tab that houses your account contact information
Change your current address, email or phone number
- Scroll down to the "Address" or "Contact Information" sections of the Profile tab
- Click the "Pencil" icon to edit information
- To remove contact information completely, click the grey "X" button
- You can also add contact information by using the green "+" icons
- When you have completed your changes, be sure to click the green "Update Profile" button in the lower right hand corner of the Profile tab.
HIDE ONLY CERTAIN INFORMATION FROM DIRECTORY
As a default, your contact information is available to other parents as well as King Faculty & Staff within the online Community Directory. Only members of the King Community have access to the Community Directory within the website portal pages. If you would like to hide certain information (Ex. Address) from the online Community Directory click on the word next to the contact information you would like to change. For Address click the word "Home", for Email click the word "Email" and so on for the contact details you would like to hide.
Next you will see a pop-up box, which will allow you to select "Override: Hide From Everyone" which will remove that particular contact item from the online Community Directory. Please note, if you would like to hide more than one item (Ex. Address and Mobile Phone) you will need to repeat this process for each contact item.
Be sure to click the green "Update Profile" button before exiting the screen.
Hide Entire Profile from Directory
If you would like to remove your entire profile from the online Community Directory, check the box at the top of the page.
Be sure to click the green "Update Profile" button before exiting the screen.
Change your First or Last Name
If you would like to update your first or last name, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The King School app is a free app available for download in the App Store for use on any Apple products (iPhone, iPad, etc.). The app provides quick and easy access to the following King resources:
- Community Directory
- School News
- School Calendar
- Athletics Calendar
- Class Information and Grade Level Pages
How To Download:
Simply go to the App Store and search "King School CT" to locate the app. Click "Get" then "Install" to download on your mobile Device.
Once the device is installed, open the app and click "Login" in the upper right hand corner. Enter the username and password you use to login to the Community portals. This will allow the app to pull in personalized information for you as well as allow you to access our Community Directory.
If you have a dual role within the school (Ex. Faculty or Staff member and a King Parent), you have access to both Faculty & Staff and Parent portals. After you login to the Community Portal, you will default to the Faculty & Staff portal. To access the Parent Portal, select "Portals" in the red bar at the top of the page. The dropdown menu will allow you to select the Parent Portal.
CLASS PAGES/GROUP PAGES/HOMEWORK/GRADES (LMS): For help with any pages that live within this environment please contact:
- Lower School: Your child’s homeroom teacher
- Middle School: Your child’s class teacher or Academic Dean, Pat Doering, at email@example.com
- Upper School: Your child’s class teacher or Academic Dean, Ted Parker, at firstname.lastname@example.org
EMAIL ISSUES: If you aren't receiving school emails or blog alerts, please contact Pat Doering at email@example.com.
WEBSITE: For general website related questions that live within this environment, contact the webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org
NAVIANCE: For assistance with Naviance, please contact Michelle Sotire at email@example.com
OMNEXIS (COLOR SCHEDULES): Contact Ted Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org
MAGNUS: Visit the Health Service Section for information on contacts related to Magnus.
2XVOL COMMUNITY SERVICE: Contact Jenna Temple at email@example.com
If you have additional questions or website feedback please email firstname.lastname@example.org.