King School (King) is an independent, college preparatory day school serving students from Pre-kindergarten through Grade 12. We are a diverse, vibrant learning community dedicated to educational excellence and the fullest academic and personal achievement of our students.
Job Description: King seeks a full-time Upper School English Teacher who will report to the English Department Chair and the Head of Upper School. This teacher will assume duties and responsibilities, consistent with expectations for all Upper School teachers, which complement the primary teaching load of four sections and one activity.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach four sections of English including advanced level courses
- Advanced degree in English preferred
- Significant classroom experience
- Proven ability to teach process-based analytical writing
- Proven ability to facilitate differentiated, student-centered best practices
- Proven ability to encourage student discovery and autonomy of thought
- Sound understanding of literary analysis
- Excellent communication skills and ability to constructively collaborate with colleagues
- Commitment to King's Mission, Virtues, and Diversity Policy Statement
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and cover letter.