King School is a PreK-12 independent, college preparatory day school located in Stamford that serves the diverse families of Fairfield and Westchester counties. King School seeks more than achievement for our students. We open minds and spark courageous thinking. Everyday, our students discover and forge their unique paths to excellence as we teach, guide, and cheer them on. Because when we set better standards for both the experience and outcomes of education, students cultivate the insights and heart to own their future.
At King, we seek to employ faculty and staff who love working with children, have passion for and expertise in their subject matter, exhibit a growth mindset, embrace the multidimensional roles we each play, and prioritize the learning process for students and faculty and staff.
Diversity is foundational to academic and professional excellence, and therefore is a core value at King. We think, learn, and work more deeply due to the many facets of diversity in our community, including but not limited to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, age, ability, and learning style. We leverage cultural differences and intellectual diversity to create an inclusive and vibrant learning community, endeavoring for each person to feel seen, heard, valued, and respected.
Job Title: Alumni Engagement and Events Associate
Reports to: Director of Engagement and Events
The Alumni Engagement and Events Associate is a full-time role that assists the Director of Engagement and Events in advancing overall alumni relations and fundraising. This position provides support for alumni events as well as broader institutional events.
- In partnership with the Director of Engagement and Events, manage King School’s alumni relations program and develop short- and long-term plans for increased engagement. Establish and build relationships with alumni locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward alumni, through regular personal contact, written appeals, follow-up, outreach, special events and face-to-face meetings.
- Execute alumni engagement and participation in “Giving Days" and other strategic fundraising initiatives.
- Support the Director of Engagement and Events in the development, planning, and execution of Alumni and Parents of Alumni programming and events.
- Leverage existing events such as Homecoming to facilitate and bolster alumni engagement; support Homecoming alumni programming.
- Manage key reunion cycles including volunteers and class giving.
- Oversee alumni-related aspects to Grade 12 programming and support the Director of Engagement and Events in any relevant areas of the Grade 12 dinner, senior week and transitioning to members of the alumni body, acquisition of non-King contact information, etc.
- Lead the process for and execution of the Senior Class Gift in collaboration with the Senior Class faculty advisor and student council president.
- Work with the Marketing & Communications office to develop and execute a strategic marketing plan for Alumni communications, including monthly alumni e-newsletters, social media postings, and the alumni section of Quest magazine.
- Manage content of alumni pages of www.kingschoolct.org.
- Partner with the Parents’ Association and relevant faculty to develop and execute alumni-related programming for current students; examples include senior stress busters hosted by the alumni association, career day, and alumni college panels.
- Occasional weekend and evening duties.
- Perform all other duties as required and assigned by the Director of Development, and the Director of Engagement and Events.
Skills and Requirements:
- 2-3 years professional experience ideally in an academic or non-profit organization working with donors and/or alumni.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A demonstrated track record of successfully managing multiple projects at once, and the flexibility necessary to adjust in the moment as the needs of the job may fluctuate.
- Must be exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Must have an affinity for working with students, alumni and potential donors.
- Demonstrated cross-cultural competence and the ability to value, work within, interact with, and incorporate diverse and multiple perspectives.
- Ability to negotiate and facilitate a shared understanding and common goals across cultural differences in a professional setting.
- Demonstrated capacity to thrive in our diverse community, including but not limited to diversity in race, ethnicity, gender identity, socio-economic status, ability/disability, belief, sexual orientation, and national origin in alignment with King’s Mission, Virtues, and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion principles.
- Be able to thrive and be flexible in a dynamic and fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Must be available for evening and weekend work as required.
- Must have a positive public presence and a sense of humor.
- Commitment to King’s Mission, Virtues, and Diversity Policy Statement.
Full Time, Exempt.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter.
King goes beyond just stating that we are Equal Opportunity Employer. Our goal is to intentionally hire a diverse pool of world-class faculty and staff to enrich the educational experience of students. King seeks candidates committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment where varied identities are valued and respected.