Working at King
At King, we seek to build an outstanding employ faculty and staff who love working with children, have passion for and expertise in their area subject matter, exhibit a growth mindset, embrace the multidimensional roles we each play, and prioritize the learning process for students, faculty, and staff. View our current openings.
Educational and Curricular Philosophy
King School teachers understand that true learning is nurtured through authentic and meaningful student-teacher partnerships. When students are known both as learners and as people by their teachers, students become better self-advocates and more responsible for their own emotional and academic well-being.
We expect our teachers to consistently incorporate student-centered best practices. We constantly seek ways to deepen our understanding of the dynamic relationship between the learning and teaching processes. When students have the chance to apply their learning in tangible ways, they are able to experience concepts more fully, synthesize disparate disciplines, and reach deeper understanding. Lower school students at King explore activities like role-play, visualizations, model building, and fun experiments. Hands-on learning for middle and upper school students includes fieldwork, collaboration to solve real community challenges, and other projects that bring knowledge to life.
At King School, we seek more than achievement for our students. We open minds and spark courageous thinking.
Every day, our students discover and forge their unique paths to excellence as we teach, guide, and cheer them on.
Because when we set better standards for both the experience and outcomes of education, students cultivate the insights and heart to own their future.
Diversity at King
Diversity is foundational to academic and professional excellence, and therefore is a core value at King. We think, learn, and work more deeply due to the many facets of diversity in our community, including but not limited to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, age, ability, and learning style. We leverage cultural differences and intellectual diversity to create an inclusive and vibrant learning community, endeavoring for each person to feel seen, heard, valued, and respected.
Faculty and Staff Benefits
- Health Insurance Plans – Point of Service (POS) and HMO for employees and their spouse/domestic partner and dependents covered at 80%
- Healthcare Savings Account with a significant employer contribution
- Dental Insurance Plans - Choice of 3
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Plans – Medical Spending Account, Dependent Care and Commuter Savings Accounts
- 403(b)/Pension Plan with an employer match: 5% for years 1-5, 7% for years 6-8, 9% for 9+ years at King
- 100% employer paid Life Insurance Plan with option to purchase additional insurance for self, spouse, and children
- Short-Term Disability Plan - 12 weeks fully paid time
- Below market priced daycare for children of faculty and staff
- Employee Assistance Program
- Daily lunch with multiple choices through Flik Hospitality
- Robust Health and Wellness Program
- Onsite fitness facilities
Faculty and Staff Support and Professional Growth
King is a leader in investing in the professional growth and development of our faculty and staff. King colleagues pursue continuous growth and learning to bring the latest thinking, fresh strategies, and new perspectives back to benefit their students, their colleagues, and the School. Emboldened to innovate, faculty and staff model our institutional value of invention and reinvention. We support one another in a variety of ways to foster a growth mindset in professional development including:
- Mentoring program for first–year faculty and staff
- Directors of Teaching and Learning in every division, who lead and support teachers in efforts to engage in best practices
- Detailed profiles for each student to inform lesson plan development
- Generous support for faculty and staff professional growth and development opportunities both on- and off- campus
- Financial support for graduate studies, summer travel grants, and a variety of workshop and conference experiences
faculty and staff are encouraged to attend two PGD opportunities per year.
Additional Faculty benefits include:
- 50% Tuition Remission
- Relocation Assistance
Additional Staff benefits include:
- Generous vacation and time off policy
- Flexible schedules
King School is an Equal Opportunity Employer
It is King’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. King does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited under federal, state, or local law.
King will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the School. Any person who believes he/she may require such accommodation should contact his/her Division Head or the Head of School.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social and recreational programs. It is the responsibility of every employee to follow this policy conscientiously and to immediately report any violations. Any employee who believes that there has been a violation of this policy — with regard to themselves or others — must report the violation to his/her Division Head, Head of School, or any Cabinet level Administrator.
King absolutely prohibits retaliation against any employee who, in good faith, makes a report under this policy.