We understand that transporting your child to and from King is a priority. Therefore, King is pleased to provide the following options for families in the surrounding areas:
Free bus service is provided for Stamford residents by the Stamford Board of Education through “First Student” Bus Company. Eligible Stamford families with K-12 children interested in bus service will receive instructions on how to access the Application for Transportation in the School’s enrollment package which is mailed after receiving a signed contract.
While King does not play a role in the routing, specific pick-up points, or schedules, the Business Office will help facilitate your questions and requests in this regard through the Stamford Board of Education.
King School coordinates the following bus for the following Greenwich residents:
1. Riverside/Old Greenwich, CT. Students are picked up and returned to the Presbyterian Church of Old Greenwich (38 West End Avenue, Old Greenwich, CT).
2. Central Greenwich, CT. There are two locations were students are picked up and returned by Julian Curtis School and at North Street (address location will be provided each year before the start of school). (Limited space)
There is an additional cost to participate in the Greenwich Bus which is determined each year based on the number of families interested in the service.
For residents of Westchester County, NY, specific school districts provide free bus service if you live within a 15-mile radius of King. Students who live beyond this radius may get themselves to a scheduled pick-up point and then be transported to King. Please call the school districts listed below for further information and to apply for transportation. If you decide to have your child(ren) transported by one of these companies, please let the Business Office know so they will have them on record. Division Offices are also informed of all bus riders before the start of school.
- Bedford Bus Company: (914) 241-6174
- County Coach: (914) 967-5959
- Harrison: (914) 630-3303
- Katonah/Lewisboro: (914) 763-7234
- Mamaroneck: (914) 220-3390
- New Rochelle: (914) 576-4230
- Scarsdale: (914) 721-2434/35
- Byram Hills School District, Armonk, NY: (914) 273-4245
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Denise Magalnick in the Business Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-322-3496 Ext. 342.