Turfed Middle Fields Transformation
The redesigned and turfed middle fields complex at King School will provide greater access to enhanced playing surfaces and a state-of-the-art facility for all levels of athletes as well as all King students. Construction is targeted to begin in June, 2020.
Turfed middle fields benefits
- Create more versatile, multi-purpose use space and fields for all types of school and campus activities, including Athletics, Physical Education classes, recess, after school programs, and the Summer Institute.
- 3 full sized playing fields and 2 practice areas
- Multi-sport field and practice areas: Soccer, Field Hockey, Boys Lacrosse, Girls Lacrosse
- Baseball field
- Softball field
- Plus: Batting cage, new sheltered team benches, on deck circles, scoreboards, and dedicated fan bleacher seating
- Support enhanced game play as well as student health and safety. This initiative will expand access to the fields in all types of weather, reducing indoor training time and the number of rescheduled games. This will provide more training, coaching, and teaching time, so our athletes will be better trained and ultimately more competitive. The upgraded fields will benefit many Athletics teams and programs, including:
- Fall: Boys & Girls Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Boys Soccer, Girls Soccer, Strength & Conditioning
- Spring: Baseball, Fitness Training, Boys Lacrosse, Girls Lacrosse, Softball, Strength & Conditioning
We invite you to join us
We are extremely grateful to Nancy and Tim Armstrong P'20, Lynn and Tom King P'20, '20, '23, and a family who wishes to remain anonymous, who have each provided $1,000,000 lead gifts. Thank you also to the Grade 12 parents, who are including the turfed middle fields as part of the Senior Parent Gift, and to all the donors who will partner with King School to make this $4.5MM turfed middle fields initiative a reality. Please contact Lauren Fredette, Director of Development, to get involved. Thank you!