THE RESULTS ARE IN...
YOU GAVE LIKE A VIKING!
You lived blue and gave gold! A huge thank you to the 333 DONORS who gave over $500,000 in 24 HOURS on #GiveKingTuesday, and to the 673 DONORS who have contributed $1,475,940 since July 1.
Because you gave like a Viking, King is well on its way to meeting the $2.25 million King Fund goal for 2019-2020. The King Fund underwrites the operating budget and thus impacts every student at King School, inside and outside the classroom.
Thank you parents, grandparents, parents of alumni, staffulty, and friends for advancing the mission of King School by giving on #GiveKingTuesday and throughout the year.
A BIG thank you to all alumni, who came out in droves and embodied the spirit of #GiveKingTuesday by surpassing all lofty goals! Every year we raise the bar and every year you soar over it.
Thank you to the 8 generous donors whose successful challenges helped ignite the community and thank you to all who answered the call!
Rachelle and Scott Spielvogel $15,000 Supper Challenge: 10 donors, $16,930 raised in less than 30 minutes!
Jess Demmo Drbul $25,000 Drop-off Challenge: 36 donors, $69,610 raised between 8:00AM - 10:00AM.
Debbie Dietz ’90, Carl Speare ’96, Michael Sheehan ’03 and Kimberly Segalas Sheehan ’07 $15,000 for 150 Alumni donors: 172 alumni donors to date.
Amanda Metviner ‘06 $20 for each Homecoming Circle for Young Alumni member: 16 young alumni joined.
Thank you to ALL volunteers who partner with King School, everyday, to raise critical dollars which enable King to set better standards for education.
A very special thank you to #GiveKingTuesday volunteers:
Kim Alexander P’21, ’22
Luke Buttenwieser ’19
Sue Cesare ’48
Kyle Clark P’22, ’27
Ilinca Creveling P’20, ’22
Carmen Failla P’26, ’27
Natalie Falcon P’20
Leslie Goudie P’22, ’25
Max Helman ’18
Gina Jansen P’21
Meredith Landis P’20
Fern Loeb P’21
Sadie Lovallo P’30
Eilish Main P’11, ’14, ’20
Libby Mattson ’82, P’15, ’25
Amanda Metviner ’06
Kate Munno P’22, ’24
Mini Nunna P’22
Lindsay Oudsema P’29, ’32
Judy Phillips P’24, ’24
Constanze Sheridan P’20, ’22
The King Fund and Senior Parent Gift to Date (July 1, 2019 - Current)
Gifts processed as of December 4, 6:30 p.m.
Give King Tuesday is our community’s celebration of #GivingTuesday. Celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season. #GivingTuesday harnesses the potential of social media and the generosity of people around the world to bring about real change in their communities; it provides a platform for them to encourage the donation of time, resources, and talents to address local challenges. As a global movement, #GivingTuesday unites countries around the world by sharing our capacity to care for and empower one another.
The King Fund
The King Fund sets the standard for both the experience and outcomes of education. This year, the 2019-20 King fund supports:
- Competitive salaries and benefits to attract and retain great teachers.
- Opportunities for faculty participation at workshops and conferences.
- The educational experience for all students.
- King Performing Arts productions.
- Financial access which strengthens our socio-economic diversity.
- Academic program enhancements, technology upgrades, and facility improvements.
- Athletic trainers, coaches, equipment, and King student athletes.
- A comprehensive college counseling program including college nights for Grades 9-12, application and essay workshops, and an admissions panel featuring top colleges and universities.
If you have already made a gift or pledge to the 2019-20 King Fund, thank you! We hope you will still consider adding King School to your list of organizations you support on Tuesday, December 3 for #GiveKingTuesday.
Senior Parent Gift
"We hope you'll join us in supporting this year's Senior Parent Gift. We gave in honor of our son, Tim,
and in honor of all the King faculty who have made his experience so special." ~ Meredith and Bill Landis P’20
Grade 12 families are encouraged to make a Senior Parent Gift in addition to your King Fund contribution. Your personally meaningful gifts this year to both the King Fund and the Senior Parent Gift are a testament to the value and impact of the culmination of your child’s King experience. Please help us reach this year’s Senior Parent Gift goal of $250,000 and 100% participation! Two possible Senior Parent Gift options are outlined below; however, you can celebrate your child’s tenure at King - and still support the Senior Parent Gift - by investing in any area of our School which has inspired your student and your family. Contact Christy Burkart at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-322-3496 Ext. 348 if you have any questions.
The Legacy Fund
- The Legacy Fund is an endowed Fund that promotes faculty excellence and tuition assistance for academically qualified students with demonstrated financial need.
- This fund provides Grade 12 families the opportunity to leave a legacy by supporting two of the hallmarks of a King education: an exceptional faculty and a diverse and vibrant student body
Turfed Middle Fields Project
- Redesigning and turfing the middle field will provide a state-of-the-art facility for all levels of King athletes and teams.
- These versatile, multi-purpose use fields will benefit all types of school and campus activities, including Athletics, Physical Education classes, Lower and Middle School recess, after-school programs, field day, Summer Institute, and so much more.
- This park-like setting will transform the heart of campus and serve our entire community.
- King will be able to host most athletic events - including championships and tournaments at all levels - on campus, limit the time students train and play indoors, and attract new students.
- ONLINE: www.kingschoolct.org/give
- PHONE: Call our office at (203) 588-3010 on Tuesday, December 3 to make a gift by credit card, wire transfer, or stock.
- CHECK: Drop off a check payable to "The King Fund” at the Simon House, anytime between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. on December 3.
- MAIL: All gifts postmarked on or before December 3 will count towards our goal! Make your check out to “The King Fund” and send to:
Attn: Development Office
1450 Newfield Avenue
Stamford, CT 06905