Faculty & Staff Password Change
Please perform these steps on campus only. Note that you will need to remember your old password in order to update it to a new password.
If you forget your old password, or are off campus, please reach out the IT Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with password resetting.
Once you've logged into your computer do the following:
1. Click on the Apple Menu in the upper left corner of your screen and select System Preferences:
2. Click on the "Users and Groups" icon (it may say "Accounts")
3. Make sure your account is highlighted in blue on the left-hand side. On the right side, click on "Change Password..."
4. Your "old" password is your current password. Your "new" password MUST be different from your old password, and the six passwords before that. It also can't include your name in it. Do not enter a 'Password Hint' (even though they "recommend" it).
5. Update your keychain password:
Please note, Step 5 is ONLY necessary if you are on "KingFaculty" wifi. If you have already been updated to THE NEW "KingFacultyNET" you have completed the password update process. Please contact email@example.com for information on updating to "KingFacultyNet"
Click the Spotlight icon (the magnifying glass in the top right of your screen) and type in "Keychain" and click on the application "Keychain Access". If "Keychain Access" doesn't appear, go to Finder > Go (on the top bar) > Utilities to find it in its native folder.
On the left side of Keychain Access, click once on "login" and once on "password"
On the right side, double click on "KingFaculty"
Add a check mark to "Show Password"
Enter your new password at the prompt and click Allow,
In "Show password", delete the old password, type in your new password and click on "Save Changes" Click on the WIFI icon (located on the top right corner of your desktop) and select "Turn WIFI OFF",
Then, Click on the WIFI icon again and select "Turn WIFI ON" and wait 20 seconds.
You should have a full connection to King Faculty now
(you can verify by clicking on the WIFI icon one time, KingFaculty should be selected.)
As always, please contact HELP if you have any problems!