Several upper school winter sports began this past week, with more starting up after the Thanksgiving break.
Upper school students should reach out to coaches with any questions. Students interested in winter sports who have not yet signed up should email Mr. Decker and the head coach immediately.
Winter Sports Starting Dates and Coach Information
Boys Basketball - Head Coach: Nate Jean-Baptiste
- Varisty tryouts have concluded.
- JV tryouts start Monday, November 27, at 3:45 p.m. in the Lower School Gym.
Girls Basketball - Head Coach: Rob Raphael
- Practices began this week.
Indoor Crew - Head Coach: Alex Martin
- Practices will start on Wednesday, November 29.
- Practices will be held in the Upper School Cardio Room from 3:30-5:30 p.m.
Ice Hockey - Head Coach: Guy Savage
- Practices began this week.
- All practices are held at Stamford Twin Rinks.
- The student shuttle to Twin Rinks departs the Upper School parking lot at 3:30 p.m. This is a drop-off trip only.
- Regular practices start on Tuesday, November 28, at 4:15 p.m.
- The round-trip student shuttle to MSquash will depart the Upper School parking lot at 3:30 p.m.
- Mr. Decker will be sending out all program information next week. If you have not yet signed up, please reach out to him by the end of this weekend to be added to the team list.
- Orientation at Pickleball America will be held on Thursday, November 30, from 4:00-5:30 p.m.
- Regular practices will be held on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 4:00-5:30 p.m.
- The season will run from Monday, December 4 - Tuesday, February 13.
- The round-trip student shuttle to Pickleball America will depart the Upper School parking lot at 3:30 p.m.
Girls Club Ice Hockey
- We have 10 practice dates lined up and will be taking part in a collaborative program with athletes from other local schools. We will be sending out more details over the break.
- The first skate of the season will be held on Thursday, November 30 at Stamford Twin Rinks from 3:55-5:15 p.m.
- Students interested in participating who have not signed up should reach out to Mr. Decker.
Please visit the King Upper School Athletics page for more information, including details about student fees for our offsite winter programs. Game schedules for all of our winter teams will be live by next week.
Middle School Winter Sports
Winter sports for our middle school students started up with orientation yesterday. Practice times for our programs vary each afternoon, but similar to the fall, general on-campus practices run during the 2:20-3:20 p.m. sports period. Off-campus programs have a wider range of practice times and tend to run a little later into the afternoon. Competitions generally run past the 3:20 p.m. dismissal time. The “Participating in Sports Information” and “This Week’s Schedule With Practice Times” tabs on our Middle School Athletics page include practice locations and times, shuttle and bus times for off-site practices and away games, equipment needs and recommendations, and student fee information for the winter programs. Game schedules will be posted by December 1 and can also be found on the website.
The lineup of options for the winter includes:
- Girls Basketball
- Boys Basketball
- Dance (coed)
- Ice Hockey (coed) Location: Stamford Twin Rinks
- Paddle Tennis (coed) Location: Italian Center
- Squash (coed) Location: Ox Ridge Club
- Fundamentals of Strength and Conditioning (coed)
- Swimming (coed) Location: Italian Center
- Yoga (coed)
Please be in touch with Mr. Decker for any questions.
Thank you all and have a great Thanksgiving break!