Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
King School supports the “triple bottom line” of economic prosperity, environmental health, and social equity through procurement activities. King was named a "Recycle Bowl Champion" for its recycling efforts and was the first independent school to hire a compost contractor, New England Compost.
As written in the employee handbook, every effort must be made to share, save, and reuse commodities at King. To accomplish this, King:
- Expects departments to share office appliances such as printers, coffee pots, and refrigerators.
- Considers environmental and social impacts of manufacture and distribution when purchasing. King purchases:
- Cleaning products which are Green Seal or UL Environment (EcoLogo) certified.
- Office paper with either 100% recycled content or Stewardship Council certification.
- Computers with Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT) registration.
- Appliances which are Energy Star certified.