Kids Summer Camp: Sports, STEM, and Exploration!
Your children will gain confidence and be challenged. Our professional faculty and counselors, accompanied by experts from the Stamford Nature Center, will nurture your children and broaden their experiences in STEAM. Fun camp inspires curiosity through daily field trips, activities, sports, and games.
Children ages 5 - 11 entering Kindergarten - Grade 6 are invited to attend King's Summer camp in Stamford, CT. Our summer camp is not only for King students; we welcome kids from schools across CT/NY. If you're looking for an exciting, fun-filled summer camp for your child this summer, check out our kids day camp! Our 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Summer Camp is designed with all grade levels in mind and is geared to each age group’s physical, emotional, and intellectual needs, adhering to small counselor/camper ratio, which creates a welcoming and friendly community atmosphere.
- Sign up for all six-weeks or a combination of weeks that works for your summer plans!
- Activities include:
- Sports and games
- Daily field trips- Excursions in the past have included: trampoline park, local museums, driving range, Maritime Center, movies, hiking, laser tag, beach, mini-golf and bowling.
- Special assemblies
- Themed workshops - cooking, science, technology, theatre
A Typical Day in the life of Fun Camp
- Campers enjoy morning activities and sports on the turf field, and the new, state of the art playground.
- Mid-morning the campers attend their STEAM-themed workshop
- Each week, Lower School Teachers come on board to share their “Summer Workshops" based on specific themes like Robotics & Technology, and Computer Animation, Science
- After lunch, campers spend time exploring the community with daily field trip excursions off-campus.
- Campers end the day with activities back on campus until pick-up time at 3:00 or 4:00 p.m (available if needed).
- Pizza Fridays! Lunch will be provided on Fridays
9:00-9:30 a.m. Arrivals
9:35-10:25 a.m. Younger group STEM period/Older group Sports of the day
10:25-10:40 a.m. Snack
10:45-11:35 a.m. Older group STEM period/Younger group Sports of the day
11:40 a.m. Lunch
12:05 p.m. Prepare for trip
12:15 p.m. - 2:45 p.m. Field trips
3:00 p.m. Pick-up
3:00–4:00 p.m. extended day period.
- Session 1: June 15-June 19, 2020 / SUMMER OLYMPICS ROBOTICS
- Session 2: June 22-June 26, 2020 / TINKER WITH TECH
- Session 3: June 29-July 2, 2020 / STEAM THEME - COOL CONCOCTIONS
- Session 4: July 6-July 10, 2020 / BUILD IT! BREAK IT! MOLD IT!
- Session 5: July 13-July 17, 2020 / PERFORMING ARTS ACTING GAMES
- Session 6: July 20-July 24, 2020 / SCIENCE OF SURVIVAL
"King Fun Camp provided a safe, enriching summer experience for our son. He loved the counselors and activities and especially the day trips off campus. It provided a wonderful balance of sports and learning activities to keep his interest engaged. Looking forward to another summer at King."
- Libby (parent)