2020 Educational Summer Sessions in Stamford, CT
Your summer. Your vision. King Academic Summer Program.
Make this summer a time for discovering new skills, exploring new subjects, and having fun. Register your child today for Summer Institute (SI). The remote SI program will leverage best practices from King's successful KingIsHome remote learning program.
Academic Courses: NEW! See our new enrichment and acceleration programs, plus a new, extra session in August. All courses will be offered remotely and will include:
- 45-60 minutes daily of synchronous teaching and learning where the class meets together virtually
- Opportunity for virtual teacher-student one-on-one connection and small group work
- Plus, independent student work
Fun Camp: NEW! Fun Camp is Home, our remote learning program, will be offered for six weeks. You can sign up for the full program or for a combination of weeks that works for your summer plans!
Sports Clinics: Canceled for this year.
- Dozens of academic courses, including arts courses. Small class sizes.
- Sessions run 1, 2, 3 or 6 weeks at a time (all 6-week courses and some 3-week courses earn academic credit)
- King School's outstanding faculty
- Kindergarten - Grade 12 in the CT/NY area
- Many students take academic courses plus a performing arts session
"I took a Summer Institute class and it helped me get a head start on my course requirements and it also freed up a study hall for me, which really helped with homework and time management. I would advise every incoming Freshman to take Summer Institute courses because it prepares you for additional academic classes ."
- Ron Harvey '22
Grades 9-12: Opportunity to explore new subjects, or to advance in core academic or artistic subjects.
Grades 5-8: Build core academic skills and explore new subjects that prepare them for entrance into the Upper School.