Dear King Parents,
On behalf of the King Parents' Association, I am happy to welcome you to the 2017-2018 academic year. We have an exciting year ahead of us!
The Parents' Association (PA) mission is to serve as the primary volunteer leadership of the King parent community. We strive to support the culture and enhance the spirit of the School. Our spirit events, fundraising activities, and numerous parent committees provide a warm and welcoming venue for parents to work together, have fun and get involved in the life of the School. To learn more about our committees which support Athletics, Performing/Visual Arts, as well as King's initiatives with community service, diversity, multiculturalism, and sustainability, click here.
All current parents are members of the Parents' Association. We encourage you to become active members by attending meetings and volunteering for opportunities of interest.
HOW WE STAY IN TOUCH:
- Grade Rep Emails: Your designated Grade Representatives send out emails to keep you informed on the PA and your child's grade specific activities
- Facebook Group: Join the King Parents' Association private Facebook group to get information about PA Events, recaps and learn more about upcoming volunteer opportunities. To join, click on the link above, login to Facebook and click "Join Group"
- King Website: PA events are listed on the King School Calendar. Events and other announcements are also shared on the PA homepage. You can even sign up for alerts so that you receive a text or email each time we share an announcement or have an upcoming event. Follow the instructions on how to subscribe on the Website FAQ page.
- Bi-Weekly Newsletter: The PA is included on the King School Community Newsletter which is distributed by the Marketing & Communications team every other week.
- King Social Media: Look out for PA events and announcements on the King Social media channels that are listed at the bottom of this email.
Bagels & Bytes (New Parent Event): Tuesday, September 5 from 9:00.-11:00 a.m. in the US Dining Hall
New parents will meet respective grade representatives, as well as our event and committee chairs. This event also provides training on the King Website and insight on school communication, which will help keep you informed throughout the year. Be sure to bring your laptop!
PA General Meeting: Friday, September 15 from 8:15-10:00 a.m. in the PAC
In addition, please join the Parents' Association at our first General Meeting of the year. This meeting provides additional opportunities to learn more about PA committees, spirit events, and fundraising initiatives planned for the coming year.
Homecoming: Saturday, September 23, All Day
Our first major event, Homecoming, occurs Saturday, September 23, and is a wonderful school wide event with many great opportunities to volunteer. Whether it is Homecoming or any of our other PA sponsored events, any time you are able to give is greatly appreciated.
New Parents, I look forward to meeting you on September 5 at Bagels and Bytes. Returning Parents, I hope to see you at our first PA General Meeting on September 15. Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Jessica Drbul, President
King Parents' Association