Middle School Athletics Information
- Middle School Athletics Health and Safety Protocols
- Students must have their updated Emergency Contact Form, valid Physical Form and other related information uploaded into the School’s Magnus Health system.
- Current Parents and Students, visit the Health Services page to view information on Athletic Training, King's Concussion Management Plan and Return to Play Policy.
- Will be offered by grade level cohorts and overseen by our expert and qualified King coaches.
- Will run 2-3 days per week for each grade level for a total of five times over a two week cycle.
- Will take place during the X (11:30 a.m.-12:20 p.m.) and Y (2:25-3:15 p.m.) blocks within school day hours.
- Will provide fitness, movement, and skill-based training opportunities, in a fun and engaging atmosphere, helping to support the physical, mental, and social-emotional health of our students.
- Will offer a diverse set of options, ranging from more competitive choices to general wellness and recreational opportunities.
- Will be held on the King fields and campus, or outside at the Italian Center. Rain-day locations and activities are also being developed.
- Will have have certain equipment requirements for students. **King Athletics will provide students with any equipment items they do not have or own.
- Will include two sessions:
- Session I from 3/29-4/30
- Session II from 5/3-6/3
- Will allow for relaxed dress code policies on days when students have athletic sessions scheduled.
- Will be held to, and follow, all King health and safety protocols, including face-covering, social distancing, and equipment sharing guidelines.
- All policies and procudures may be adjusted to reflect current and updated State of CT and local DPH guidelines and current COVID trends.