Middle School Athletics Information
- Middle School Athletics Fall Season Health and Safety Protocols
- Students must have their updated Emergency Contact Form, valid Physical Form and other related information uploaded into the School’s Magnus Health system.
- Current Parents and Students, visit the Health Services page to view information on Athletic Training, King's Concussion Management Plan and Return to Play Policy.
- Will be offered by grade level cohorts and overseen by our expert and qualified King coaches.
- Will run 2-3 days per week for each grade level for a total of five times over a two week cycle.
- Will take place during the X (11:30 a.m.-12:20 p.m.) and Y (2:25-3:15 p.m.) blocks within school day hours.
- Will provide fitness, movement, and skill-based training opportunities, in a fun and engaging atmosphere, helping to support the physical, mental, and social-emotional health of our students.
- Will offer a diverse set of options, ranging from more competitive choices to general wellness and recreational opportunities.
- Will be held on the King fields and campus, or outside at the Italian Center. Rain-day locations and activities are also being developed.
- Will include two sessions: Session I from 9/11-10/16 and Session II from 10/19-11/20.
- Will allow for relaxed dress code policies on days when students have athletic sessions scheduled.
- Will be held to, and follow, all King health and safety protocols, including face-covering, social distancing, and equipment sharing guidelines. When taking part in strenuous physical activity outside, students will be permitted to remove their face coverings when social distance protocols are followed.
Orientation Session Schedule
Tuesday, September 8 for all grades by Advisory
Thursday, September 10: Grade 6 and Grade 8 by athletic choice with coaches
Friday, September 11: Grade 7 by athletic choice with coaches / Grade 8 first day of athletic sessions