In her 12th year at King, Bonnie has not only helped students, coaches, and individual teams each season establish and maintain healthy habits in the weight room, with conditioning, nutrition, wellness, and stressing the importance of getting enough sleep, but she's also set a standard for success for the King Athletics Department thanks to her care and leadership.
When students take part in physical pursuits and athletic competition, they experience the values of perseverance, leadership, and respect. Athletes who positively partner with others and commit to define their path to excellence emerge more confident and well-rounded. King School Athletics offers a diverse program from physical education to competitive teams, designed as an essential component of the overall educational experience. To achieve athletic excellence demands constant growth and teamwork, and our students are supported by coaches and teammates in an engaging and challenging atmosphere. We also take Viking Pride in our championship teams and our many college athletes! Learn how all students will benefit from an exciting transformation of our athletics facilities as we redesign and turf the middle fields at King.
- Physical Education for PreK-Grade 5.
- Competitive and non-competitive athletic offerings grades 6-8 and grades 9-12.
- Leadership and character building development programming for athletes and coaches.
- Two full-time athletic trainers and two strength coaches on staff to help support the health, well-being, and conditioning of our student-athletes.
- Assigned member of College Counseling Department for students considering college athletics.
- Service Learning and Global Education initiatives and opportunities for teams including Basketball programming in China and Soccer programming in Colombia. More to come! Learn more
- Community Partnerships: Positive Coaching Alliance, Chelsea Piers, and HSS Stamford Health.
King School Vikings Fast Facts
- 45 FAA League & Tournament Championships / 21 NEPSAC Championships/ 8 Sportsmanship Awards
- Titles/Awards Won by: Girls Volleyball, Football, Softball, Baseball, Boys Lacrosse, Crew, Ice Hockey, Girls Basketball, Boys Soccer, Boys Tennis, Girls Cross Country LEARN MORE
- Girls Volleyball has won last 5 FAA and 4 NEPSAC Titles, with incredible 93-4 record!
- Football 22-6 over last three seasons, winning two New England Championships!
- 25 college athletes in the classes of 2018 and 2019 with 12 going Division I. Three graduates went on to play in NFL. Kevin Pierre-Louis still currently playing. LEARN MORE
Vikings in Action
With the 2021 Spring Athletics season officially in the books at King School, we take time to recognize and congratulate the Spring athletes who were selected to All-League or Honorable Mention All-League by the Fairchester Athletic Association (FAA) Coaches. The list of FAA honorees includes 28 student-athletes representing 9 of the Spring Athletics teams...
Paddle tennis, basketball, field hockey, soccer, beach volleyball, creative movement, and more! Grade 7 student Jackson Dooley feels "the differentiation has been the best. There are so many sessions, that our choices and variety allow us to try new things and to still be with our classmates. It's great to still have Athletics during such difficult times."
King School is very proud and excited to recognize the tremendous achievements of five standout student-athletes who were honored with a signing ceremony on campus on Wednesday afternoon, with King Seniors Anna Boeckman (Swimming - UPENN), Olivia Boeckman (Tennis - Lafayette College), Harrison Feinberg (Baseball - University of Southern California), Sydney Fishkin (Crew - Rutgers University) and Sarah Hammoud (Crew - Boston College) announcing their commitments to compete at the NCAA Division I level next year.
The new Balance Blocks program and the Physical Education program support the development and growth of healthy minds and bodies for King Lower School students. Aligned with the Wellness and Academic Excellence pillars of the King School Strategic Plan 2020-2025, these initiatives teach our PreKindergarten-Grade 5 students skills and strategies that foster mindfulness, social and emotional growth, executive functioning, as well as physical strength and stability that undergird learning. Zeba Hart-Syed, Grade 5 student, describes Physical Education as, "it helps me get out my energy. The teachers are fun and the different games are interesting so you can really focus on playing and working hard."
After being named a 2019-20 Fairchester Athletic Association (FAA) Scholar-Athlete Award winner last Spring, recent grad Thomas King ('20) can now add another soccer accolade to his resume after it was announced that he has been selected to the United States Soccer Coaches High School Scholar All-American Team. The award goes to recognize the outstanding achievement of being named one of the nation's best on the field and in the classroom for the 2019-20 academic year. It's an honor that truly reflects TK's dedication and determination toward athletics and academics throughout his time at King.
Taking a break from training and working out this summer, Sean Mullen ('21) took time to look back on closing out the 2019-20 school year, talk about his decision to choose to play lacrosse at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI), provide some valuable advice for fellow student-athletes striving to play in college, and goals for his upcoming Senior year at King...
On Tuesday, June 25, King School proudly welcomes 2019 NCAA National Champion and University of Virginia Men's Lacrosse Head Coach, Lars Tiffany to campus for a free grades 5-8 Middle School lacrosse clinic (6:30 - 7:15 p.m. on the King Turf), reception, and talk titled, "Don't Ever Give Up: The 2019 UVA Men's Lacrosse Season" (7:15 - 8:45 p.m. in the King Performing Arts Center).