Inclement weather did not deter a group of King School's Trustees and Administrators from commemorating the naming of the redesigned outdoor sports complex on campus. The complex is in the heart of the campus on four acres of multi-sport turf fields. At a ribbon-cutting ceremony held on Tuesday, June 8, the fields were formally recognized as the Armstrong and King Family Fields and the Feinberg Field.
When students take part in physical pursuits and athletic competition, they experience the values of perseverance, leadership, and respect. Athletes who positively partner with others and commit to define their path to excellence emerge more confident and well-rounded. King School Athletics offers a diverse program from physical education to competitive teams, designed as an essential component of the overall educational experience. To achieve athletic excellence demands constant growth and teamwork, and our students are supported by coaches and teammates in an engaging and challenging atmosphere. We also take Viking Pride in our championship teams and our many college athletes! Learn how all students will benefit from an exciting transformation of our athletics facilities as we redesign and turf the middle fields at King.
- Physical Education for PreK-Grade 5.
- Competitive and non-competitive athletic offerings grades 6-8 and grades 9-12.
- Leadership and character building development programming for athletes and coaches.
- Two full-time athletic trainers and two strength coaches on staff to help support the health, well-being, and conditioning of our student-athletes.
- Assigned member of College Counseling Department for students considering college athletics.
- Service Learning and Global Education initiatives and opportunities for teams including Basketball programming in China and Soccer programming in Colombia. More to come! Learn more
- Community Partnerships: Positive Coaching Alliance, Chelsea Piers, and HSS Stamford Health.
King School Vikings Fast Facts
- 45 FAA League & Tournament Championships / 21 NEPSAC Championships/ 8 Sportsmanship Awards
- Titles/Awards Won by: Girls Volleyball, Football, Softball, Baseball, Boys Lacrosse, Crew, Ice Hockey, Girls Basketball, Boys Soccer, Boys Tennis, Girls Cross Country LEARN MORE
- Girls Volleyball has won last 5 FAA and 4 NEPSAC Titles, with incredible 93-4 record!
- Football 22-6 over last three seasons, winning two New England Championships!
- 25 college athletes in the classes of 2018 and 2019 with 12 going Division I. Three graduates went on to play in NFL. Kevin Pierre-Louis still currently playing. LEARN MORE
Vikings in Action
With the 2021 Spring Athletics season officially in the books at King School, we take time to recognize and congratulate the Spring athletes who were selected to All-League or Honorable Mention All-League by the Fairchester Athletic Association (FAA) Coaches. The list of FAA honorees includes 28 student-athletes representing 9 of the Spring Athletics teams...
King School Athletics is extremely proud to announce that standout Senior student-athlete, Zoe Tinnesz, has been named an inaugural "Women of Will" graduation award winner presented by Under Armour and BSN Sports!
Paddle tennis, basketball, field hockey, soccer, beach volleyball, creative movement, and more! Grade 7 student Jackson Dooley feels "the differentiation has been the best. There are so many sessions, that our choices and variety allow us to try new things and to still be with our classmates. It's great to still have Athletics during such difficult times."
King School is very proud and excited to recognize the tremendous achievements of five standout student-athletes who were honored with a signing ceremony on campus on Wednesday afternoon, with King Seniors Anna Boeckman (Swimming - UPENN), Olivia Boeckman (Tennis - Lafayette College), Harrison Feinberg (Baseball - University of Southern California), Sydney Fishkin (Crew - Rutgers University) and Sarah Hammoud (Crew - Boston College) announcing their commitments to compete at the NCAA Division I level next year.
The brotherly bond that exists at King with the Boys Soccer team is a prime example of what happens when a group of student-athletes unite and excel together. With past grads like Joshua Figueroa (‘19), Thomas King (‘20), and McKinley Joseph (‘20) all helping inspire the next wave of Vikings on the pitch, Head Coach Enzennio Mallozzii has once again solidified why Boys Soccer remains a team to watch each and every Fall.
With the 2020 Fall season drawing to a close at King, we continue with our preview series which takes a closer look at each Fall athletics offering and highlights both the individual and team growth taking place for the Vikings despite this being a non-traditional athletics season. Today, the spotlight shines bright on King Field Hockey.
The new Balance Blocks program and the Physical Education program support the development and growth of healthy minds and bodies for King Lower School students. Aligned with the Wellness and Academic Excellence pillars of the King School Strategic Plan 2020-2025, these initiatives teach our PreKindergarten-Grade 5 students skills and strategies that foster mindfulness, social and emotional growth, executive functioning, as well as physical strength and stability that undergird learning. Zeba Hart-Syed, Grade 5 student, describes Physical Education as, "it helps me get out my energy. The teachers are fun and the different games are interesting so you can really focus on playing and working hard."
After two months of preseason training, daily drills, and hard work, the Vikings are officially ready to get back on the football field and compete. Led by Senior Team Captains, Ethan Anderson, Mark Garavel, Gavriel Genger, and Alexander Millerchip, King will play three FAA friendly games of modified “7 vs 7” helmet only touch rules against Hamden Hall Country Day School, St. Luke’s School, and Greenwich Country Day School in October and November.
The Vikings are back! FAA friendly competition play days have been set against Greens Farms Academy, Hamden Hall (Football), St. Luke's School, and Greenwich Country Day School for the final three Saturdays of the Fall season for Varsity and JV Field Hockey, Varsity Girls Soccer, Varsity and JV Boys Soccer, Varsity and JV Girls Volleyball, Cross Country, and Football (modified "7 vs 7" helmet only touch rules)...