Congratulations to Thomas "TK" King for being named a 2019-20 Fairchester Athletic Association Scholar-Athlete Award winner it was announced by the FAA. In winning the award, TK becomes the 12th King School student-athlete to receive the distinction over the last 15 years.
When students take part in physical pursuits and athletic competition, they experience the values of perseverance, leadership, and respect. Athletes who positively partner with others and commit to define their path to excellence emerge more confident and well-rounded. King School Athletics offers a diverse program from physical education to competitive teams, designed as an essential component of the overall educational experience. To achieve athletic excellence demands constant growth and teamwork, and our students are supported by coaches and teammates in an engaging and challenging atmosphere. We also take Viking Pride in our championship teams and our many college athletes! Learn how all students will benefit from an exciting transformation of our athletics facilities as we redesign and turf the middle fields at King.
- Physical Education for PreK-Grade 5.
- Competitive and non-competitive athletic offerings grades 6-8 and grades 9-12.
- Leadership and character building development programming for athletes and coaches.
- Two full-time athletic trainers and two strength coaches on staff to help support the health, well-being, and conditioning of our student-athletes.
- Assigned member of College Counseling Department for students considering college athletics.
- Service Learning and Global Education initiatives and opportunities for teams including Basketball programming in China and Soccer programming in Colombia. More to come!
- Community Partnerships: Positive Coaching Alliance, Chelsea Piers, and HSS Stamford Health.
King School Vikings Fast Facts
- 45 FAA League & Tournament Championships / 21 NEPSAC Championships/ 8 Sportsmanship Awards
- Titles/Awards Won by: Girls Volleyball, Football, Softball, Baseball, Boys Lacrosse, Crew, Ice Hockey, Girls Basketball, Boys Soccer, Boys Tennis, Girls Cross Country LEARN MORE
- Girls Volleyball has won last 5 FAA and 4 NEPSAC Titles, with incredible 93-4 record!
- Football 22-6 over last three seasons, winning two New England Championships!
- 25 college athletes in the classes of 2018 and 2019 with 12 going Division I. Three graduates went on to play in NFL. Kevin Pierre-Louis still currently playing. LEARN MORE
Vikings in Action
On Sunday, King School coaches from all Spring teams went door-to-door to surprise 45 Spring Senior Athletes at their homes with gifts in recognition for their contributions to King Athletics and in honor of the Spring 2020 athletics season drawing to a close, as 10 Vikings are now officially NCAA bound.
We are excited to announce Sophomore Hugh Hentschel ('22) is a recipient of King Athletics Core Values recognition for Perseverance. The Rye, New York native has not let any obstacles deter him from growing as a tennis player and excelling as a student this school year, despite the challenges of having the 2020 Spring season go fully remote.
Thanks to her contributions with our Captain's Council, an unwavering commitment to weekly Zoom workout sessions and remote team activities, and all she has meant to the Varsity Softball Team and her teammates this Spring, we are excited to announce Senior Captain Erica Cunningham is a recipient of King Athletics Core Values recognition for her outstanding leadership.
Following a memorable 2019-2020 campaign that saw Varsity Ice Hockey reach the Fairchester Athletic Association semifinals during the postseason, the Vikings were recognized with the FAA Ice Hockey Sportsmanship Award thanks to their constant display of professionalism, positive demeanor, and how both players and coaches alike carried themselves on the ice and on the bench.
Back in November at the start of the Winter season, postseason aspirations and a chance to contend for an FAA championship began to take shape for King School Varsity Ice Hockey thanks to a team that has become synonymous with toughness and togetherness. Now, the Vikings are set to face Harvey School at Stamford Twin Rinks on Thursday at 3:00 p.m. as the number 3 seed in the FAA Playoffs.
For the second-straight year, members of the Varsity Girls Basketball team came together to volunteer at Night to Shine, a prom for teenagers and young adults with special needs held at Grace Farms in New Canaan on Saturday, February 8. A nation-wide event sponsored by the Tim Tebow Foundation, individuals from the ages of 14 to 25 years old with special needs and disabilities from across Fairfield County attended the annual gathering with volunteer buddies who danced and laughed the night away.
Over the course of the last two years, King School has continued its storied tradition of preparing student-athletes to compete in college and is proud to announce the Seniors from the Class of 2020 who have committed to furthering their athletic and academic careers next year at the NCAA Division I, Division II, and Division III levels.
Jason Bouton, King Head Athletic Trainer and members of the King Girls Varsity Soccer team were featured on Wednesday's edition of FOX 5 New York, where Jason shared his valuable insight and extensive research on concussion management and educating student-athletes to stay safe on the field.
Congratulations to Vikings Volleyball on their sixth consecutive New England Prep School Athletic Council Championship! Vikings swept Kingswood-Oxford, 25-14, 25-21, 25-15 in the final played at historic Erickson Gym at Loomis Chaffee School on Sunday, Nov. 18.