Prior to opening Harvard University's Fall tennis campaign at the Napa Invite at Cal Berkley (September 13-15), King School ('18) athlete-alumni member Harry Walker shares how his personal experiences at King paved the way for a successful first year of college in Cambridge and with Crimson tennis.
When students take part in physical pursuits and athletic competition, they experience the values of perseverance, leadership, and respect. Athletes who positively partner with others and commit to define their path to excellence emerge more confident and well-rounded. King School Athletics offers a diverse program from physical education to competitive teams, designed as an essential component of the overall educational experience. To achieve athletic excellence demands constant growth and teamwork, and our students are supported by coaches and teammates in an engaging and challenging atmosphere. We also take Viking Pride in our championship teams and our many college athletes!
- Physical Education for PreK-Grade 5.
- Competitive and non-competitive athletic offerings grades 6-8 and grades 9-12.
- Leadership and character building development programming for athletes and coaches.
- Two full-time athletic trainers and two strength coaches on staff to help support the health, well-being, and conditioning of our student-athletes.
- Assigned member of College Counseling Department for students considering college athletics.
- Service Learning and Global Education initiatives and opportunities for teams including Basketball programming in China and Soccer programming in Colombia. More to come!
- Community Partnerships: Positive Coaching Alliance, Chelsea Piers, and HSS Stamford Health.
King School Vikings Fast Facts
- 45 FAA League & Tournament Championships / 21 NEPSAC Championships/ 8 Sportsmanship Awards
- Titles/Awards Won by: Girls Volleyball, Football, Softball, Baseball, Boys Lacrosse, Crew, Ice Hockey, Girls Basketball, Boys Soccer, Boys Tennis, Girls Cross Country LEARN MORE
- Girls Volleyball has won last 5 FAA and 4 NEPSAC Titles, with incredible 93-4 record!
- Football 22-6 over last three seasons, winning two New England Championships!
- 25 college athletes in the classes of 2018 and 2019 with 12 going Division I. Three graduates went on to play in NFL. Kevin Pierre-Louis still currently playing. LEARN MORE
Vikings in Action
On Tuesday, June 25, King School proudly welcomes 2019 NCAA National Champion and University of Virginia Men's Lacrosse Head Coach, Lars Tiffany to campus for a free grades 5-8 Middle School lacrosse clinic (6:30 - 7:15 p.m. on the King Turf), reception, and talk titled, "Don't Ever Give Up: The 2019 UVA Men's Lacrosse Season" (7:15 - 8:45 p.m. in the King Performing Arts Center).
At King, excellence occurs in a community context. On Prize Day, we called out individuals' names as embodiments of excellence, but the fact is that no one can achieve anything alone. "Teachers, classmates' comments or debates in class or in study groups or teams, great assignments, careful coaching - this is what supports excellence."
King put together another memorable win on Thursday against the MacDuffie School (8-7) and now advances to the New England Small Prep Schools Baseball Championship Game on Saturday at 2:00 p.m. at Providence Country Day School, where they will face the Winchendon School (MA.).
Join us on Thursday, May 16, in the Upper School Gym (3:20 p.m.) as seven King School standout Senior student-athletes will be recognized and celebrated in front of friends, family members, and the rest of the King Community for their tremendous accomplishment of moving on to participate in college athletics at the NCAA Division III Level next Fall!
A rainy morning after King Varsity Girls Lacrosse defeated Miss Halls School (15-7) at home and King Varsity Boys Lacrosse beat Kingswood Oxford (10-4) on the road, the Vikings racked up another important victory together on Sunday as they welcomed Harlem Lacrosse for their annual clinic, lunch, and donation drive and fundraising efforts at King.
Congratulations to Mallory Ehlers for being named Scholar Athlete of the Week by News 12 CT and Norwalk Hospital.
Congratulations to former King School standout student-athlete Morgan Riley ('18), who will be honored for earning the Young Woman of Distinction award presented by the YWCA Darien/Norwalk. The award goes to recognize the outstanding accomplishments of a woman under 21 years of age and highlights Morgan's tremendous work with Harlem Lacrosse during her time at King.
The 2019 Spring Season officially gets underway when the Vikings kick-off Spirit Week with their "King of Spring" event this coming weekend at King School.
The King School Vikings football program is one of the newest members of the Evergreen Football League starting with the Fall 2019 season.