RAISE OUR GAME:
Calling all Low-Heywood, Thomas, King, Low-Heywood Thomas, and KLHT alumni to join us and give everyone a win!
March Madness is an exciting tradition that captivates the country as we come together to celebrate underdogs, buzzer beaters, busted brackets and watching Duke lose (sorry Cameron Crazies, it’s true). This year, we challenge you to participate in a philanthropic competition in support of your alma mater. It’s an opportunity for the alumni body to come together, #raiseourgame, and provide financial access for students and families.
March 16 (the day after Selection Sunday) will tip-off the first annual King School Alumni March Madness Challenge! There are two competitions running simultaneously and our champions will be crowned on April 6.
- Challenge #1 - Class Challenge
In the Class Challenge, each graduating class competes for bragging rights and the right to call themselves the very best! The graduating class with the highest participation rate will be crowned the champion.
- Challenge #2 - Reunion Challenge
We have 5 teams, grouped by reunion year, that are competing in a bracket challenge to crown our first ever March Madness Champion! The leaderboard is listed below, and the top 4 teams move on to the final four. Make your gift before midnight on March 29 to ensure your team advances!
#Raiseourgame, rally your classmates, and strengthen your alma mater! Support our students, compete for bragging rights and strive for a first-place finish. All donors on the winning teams (both class and reunion) receive these sweet alumni socks! (image of socks displayed below)
- The minimum gift to participate in March Madness is $10.
- The class and reunion challenge leaderboards are based on overall alumni participation.
- No one donor or group of donors can give on behalf of others or on behalf of an entire class.
- Both challenges are cumulative, meaning all alumni gifts to King School received so far during this fiscal year, which kicked-off on July 1, 2019 are reflected in the leaderboards. Gifts that are received during March Madness will support the King Fund and are restricted for financial access (unless otherwise specified by the donor).