Alumni Association Board
The Mission of the Alumni Association Board is to build a dynamic program through which to engage the alumni of each of our founding schools: Low-Heywood, King School, Thomas, Low-Heywood Thomas, and King Low Heywood Thomas. The Board works to create new opportunities through which our Alumni can both commemorate the unique history of their personal alma mater and recognize the accomplishments of a unified and strong independent school. We wish to inspire lifelong relationships with the School, and instill pride in the 150 years of excellence our Schools celebrate.
2018-2019 ALUMNI BOARD
|President:||Amanda Metviner ‘06|
|Vice President:||Max Orenstein '11|
|Young Alumni Chair:||Emily Green '14|
|Future Alumni Chair:||Emma Snover '14|
|Class Agent Chairs:||Ashley Alebiosu '08 and Kinsey Greenfield '09|
|Communications Chair:||JD Hock '17|
|Special Events Chair:||Jaqueline Montoya Cuscuna ‘04|
|Athletic Chair:||Vincent Love '09|
|Technology Chair:||Max Helman '18|
|Immediate Past President:||Fiona Muir Fine '90|
LEADERSHIP POSITIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for new members to join our 2018-2019 Alumni Association Board! If you are interested in joining or being more involved through a committee, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the core of a successful Alumni Association is a group of dynamic officers who represent King School, relish assuming the leadership responsibilities and can be relied upon to provide consistent service to the association. Enthusiastic leadership is the most important ingredient of an alumni association’s success.
Any and all positions can be appointed, as best fits the alumni association’s needs. The term for each position is a minimum of two years. The average time commitment per month is typically 4-6 hours. Additionally, all alumni association leaders are expected to attend all respective alumni association events in their area to serve as representatives of the Office of Alumni Relations.
Responsibilities assigned to all Board Officers
- Promote the importance of engagement with King and its associated rewards
- Promote attendance and support King’s signature events, notably Homecoming Weekend and Reunions
- Attend all in-person board meetings and board conference calls; knowing that extenuating circumstances arise and there may be events that you cannot attend
- Attend all association events; knowing that extenuating circumstances arise and there may be events that you cannot attend. Part of representing AR and your alumni association is attending the majority of events (if you are unable to fulfill this commitment, you will be asked to take a different role within the association)
- Will assist the Athletic Chair in overseeing the Association’s athletic programming
- Coordinate event marketing and updates on game attendance with the Communications Chair in a timely manner
- Drive attendance at all alumni sports events
- Support the Athletic Chair at events to ensure activities proceed accordingly
Constituent Relations and Events Manager
(203) 322-3496, Ext. 418