At King School, educating our youth to become future global leaders is at the forefront of our curricular mission to prepare students to thrive in a rapidly changing world. King Global Education, a comprehensive program woven into the PreK-Grade 12 curriculum, develops students knowledge of the world cultural diversity within the context of globalization and change. By fostering in students an educated awareness of our increasingly interdependent world, King prepares students to recognize the need for their active participation in ethical, cultural, socioeconomic, political, scientific, and environmental issues.
We invite you to explore the elements of a King School Global Education below:
- PreK-Grade 12 Curriculum
- Certificate of Distinction in Global Studies
- Exchange Programs Abroad and at King
- International Programs: Cultural and Service Experiences Abroad
- Leadership Opportunities
- Global Events
Global Education at King School prepares students for rapidly changing world demands that we provide them with specific content knowledge and teach them to commit to service and to the environment. Students have the opportunity to become fluent in one or more world languages, assume leadership roles, and acquire skills to work collaboratively with people of diverse backgrounds.
The Program includes the following practices and outcomes for students:
- Examining global challenges using a multidisciplinary, multicultural approach that fosters global citizenship awareness
- Participating in collaborative initiatives that stimulate curiosity and sensitivity to the diversity of our world and environment
- Appreciating other cultures with different sets of values and beliefs
- Providing opportunities for leadership, partnerships, and networking
- Interacting with students from other countries
Below is a list of our international programs for the 2017-2018 school year. Programs and destinations change each year to provide students with a wide range of cultural and/or service experiences abroad.
- Global Student Leaders Summit - Berlin
- Costa Rica
Parents & Students, please login to access the International Travel resources including itineraries and permission slips.
- Model U.N.: Brown, Harvard, Beijing, and England Model U.N. conferences
- Global Student Leaders Summit (July 2018 Germany, Czech Republic, Poland and Hungary)
- Global Leadership Symposium
- Global Youth Initiative & Global Citizen Summit at Harvard
- King Clubs: Amnesty International, buildOn, Environment Club and Operation of Hope
Window into the world
Window into the World are multidisciplinary, all-school events that bring musicians, artists, film producers, and heritage speakers into classes and on stage to provide instructive workshops.
Global Classroom at the United Nations
King partners with the International Cinema Education organization (I.C.E.) to offer an annual Global Classroom. The Global Classroom is a tailor-made program for high school students which uses films, literature and private U.N. briefings as catalysts to facilitate discussions about international events, global finance, cross-cultural affairs, and critical thinking
Guest Speaker Series
Guest speakers enable students to understand a global challenge through memorable testimonies and meaningful analyses by experts. Prior speakers are from Sudan, Rwanda, Afghanistan, and the United Nations.